Welcome! I'm Shawna, an on-location natural light photographer from Kent, WA serving the greater Seattle and South Sound area. My passion is for birth photography! In birth or family sessions, I strive to capture details and the spontaneous moments that truly reflect the beauty in your life, and that you will treasure for ever. Sit back with a cup of coffee and enjoy my musings, or better yet - pop me an email and introduce yourself. I love meeting new people!

A beautiful home labor

Whew, this post is a long time in coming - but I figured I'd better post it before I post this family's holiday session!

Just a few weeks after my own daughter was born, a friend of mine went into labor with her daughter. We had arranged for me too be there for her home birth, so I headed over in the evening when things started picking up.

Ronnie was beautiful in labor!



Unfortunately, not fifteen minutes after I got there the midwives decided this baby needed more attention than they could give. Ronnie just rolled with the punches. I've never seen someone so relaxed in labor.







Ronnie labored a bit longer as the midwives got everything ready, and then it was off to the hospital. I had my own two week old with me and wasn't allowed in to help her labor, but she was in great company. Just a few hours later little Haydee made her dramatic entrance into the world. Let me tell you, she is cute as a button!

Stay tuned for their awesome family session in Georgetown!

P.S. I can't recommend birth photography enough. It's an amazing moment to have captured forever.

Comments
2 Comments
healthy_babymomma  – (February 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM)  

Thank you Shawna. These pictures are priceless. I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to me to have these memories in photographs.
Ronnie

Unknown  – (February 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM)  

I love this concept. I have to admit, I might get too squeamish to attempt it, but I love the idea and what you captured.

Beautiful as always and welcome to Haydee!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP